Position Title: Engineer
Reports to: General Manager
This person will work on contracts as they come in to assure all of the customer requirements are met and that the best possible sequence of steps is laid out to produce part in a manner that is efficient and of good quality. The engineer will be responsible to move jobs through the engineering department as quickly as possible.
• Let the purchaser know what he needs to buy as soon as possible in the process
• Work with estimator/s to follow through on the estimates that were used to bid the contract in order that more cost isn’t added to the job than was allowed for in the bid
• Understand the requirements of the contract and to work to our procedures for contract review
• Use software programs designed to draw out parts
• Deal with DCMA and other branches of DOD and present parts for GMIP and Source inspection with success
• Put together router/work order for job in best possible manner
• Put together the steps for rework work orders
• Work with Quality Assurance Department to meet the needs of the shop
• This is not to be considered a complete list of responsibilities and other appropriate duties may be assigned.
• Ability to read customer drawings as well as understand and follow applicable military standards and specifications to make sure the operations are being performed correctly;
• Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
• Ability to effectively relate to varied knowledge levels.
Education and Experience:
A combination of over two years of directly related education, training and/or experience is typically required for carrying out the responsibilities of this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent computer skills; specifically MS Office (Word, Excel) & ERP.